- Readmission is only required for a student who has not been enrolled for three consecutive terms.
- An applicant must be eligible to return to the University of South Alabama.
Suspension Policy: A student placed on academic suspension at USA is eligible for readmission after an absence of one semester has passed, excluding summer. The student will be readmitted on probation.
Dismissal Policy: A student academically dismissed from USA may be considered for readmission on academic probation after a period of one calendar year has passed. Dean's approval is required.
- A returning student, who has not attended another institution since last enrolled at USA, is readmitted on their previous academic standing at USA.
- A returning student, who has attended institutions since last enrolled at USA, will be readmitted based on the transfer GPA as calculated by the Office of Admissions.
- The University of South Alabama supports its students who are called into active military service or its members of a US military reserve unit. Students who have been admitted to or enrolled at the University of South Alabama may request a withdrawal to fulfill a US military obligation by contacting the Registrar’s Office. These student will be readmitted in accordance with readmission provisions in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (Section 484C of the HEA) and implementing regulations in 34 CFR Section 668.18. Students needing readmission should contact the Office of Admissions to provide notification of intent to return and would need to provide documentation of military service.
- All transfer work from other institutions combined must be equal to or higher than a 2.0 GPA as calculated by the Office of Admissions.
- An applicant changing from non-degree to degree is required to have all transcripts mailed to the Office of Admissions.
- No fee is required for readmission.
Applicants who fail to meet admission requirements and who believe they have extenuating circumstances that might justify a different decision may appeal for further consideration . The following items are required for the admissions appeal process:
Admissions Appeal Form, located at: http://www.southalabama.edu/departments/admissions/appealform.html
A current resume, including summary of special talents or skills
A personal essay describing why you want to attend USA and your career goals.
Letter/s of recommendation
Optional : Additional supporting documents to substantiate an appeal (including any documents from USA departments or personnel)
Please return the Admissions Appeal Form along with all supporting documents by email to the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Returning Admit Type||Description||Required Official Documents|
|Degree Seeking||Former student previously enrolled at the University of South Alabama who has not attended USA for three consecutive semesters.||Official transcript(s) from all institution(s) attended since last enrolled at USA.|
|Second Bachelors Degree||Former student previously enrolled at USA who is returning to complete a second bachelors degree.||Official transcript(s) from all institution(s) attended including proof of earned bachelors degree, excluding USA.|
|Transient||Former student previously enrolled at USA who wishes to attend for one semester and return to home institution.||A transient approval form or letter of good standing from student's home institution.|
|Unclassified||Former student previously enrolled at USA who has earned at least a baccalaureate degree and wishes to take additional undergraduate courses but is not pursuing a degree.||Official transcript showing earned baccalaureate, masters or doctoral degree.|
|Audit Only||Former student previously enrolled at USA wishing to take courses but not receive credit.||Audit students are not required to submit documents with their application.|
Complete and sign the readmission application for the semester you wish to attend. Click here to access the Undergraduate Readmission Form
Return the application to the Admissions Office for processing before posted deadlines. Please submit your application using one of the following options.
Mail: Office of Admissions Meisler Hall, Suite 2500
390 Alumni Circle Mobile, AL 36688-002
In Person: Office of the Admissions Meisler Hall, Suite 2500
It is the student's responsibility to contact all institutions attended since last enrolled at USA and have official transcripts mailed from those institutions to the Office of Admissions, Meisler Hall, Suite 2500, 390 Alumni Circle, Mobile, Alabama 36688-0002.
Please note The University of South Alabama is a member of the National Student Clearinghouse. Our office utilizes the Clearinghouse services to verify enrollment on prospective and returning students. Applicants are required to accurately list on their application all institutions attended after enrolling at USA.
Once you have received notification of acceptance to USA, contact your major department to meet with an academic advisor.
Follow these steps to identify your academic advisor
- Log in to your PAWS account using your JAG Number and PIN code
- Select 'Student Services and Financial Aid'
- Select 'Student Records'
- Select 'General Student Information'
- Select Appropriate Term and Submit
- Primary advisor will be listed
- Create a new PIN #
- Activate your JagMail Email account
- Check for any outstanding holds
Register for classes on PAWS
- Check registration time ticket
- Register for classes
- View outstanding balance on PAWS
- View payment deadlines at Office of Student Accounting